Acupuncture, proper supplementation, and healthy lifestyle considerations can:
• Promote healthy natural conception
• Increase the success rate of IVF
• Improve poor egg and sperm health, quality, and quantity
• Improve overall reproductive health in men and women
This is done by:
• Improving sperm quality and count in men struggling with infertility
• Improving the lining of the endometrium and increasing blood flow to the uterus
• Regulating hormone levels which can improve ovulation rates
• Promoting ovulation in women with PCOS or anovulatory cycles
• Addressing and treating thyroid issues that can lead to infertility
• Increasing the number of follicles produced in an IVF treatment
• 160 IVF patients with good-quality embryos received acupuncture 25 minutes before and after the embryo transfer. The control group received no supportive therapy. In the acupuncture group, 34 out of 80 patients got pregnant. In the control group, 21 out of 80 patients got pregnant.
• Obstetrics & Gynecology discovered that consumption of of iron supplements and nonheme iron from other sources may decrease the risk of ovulatory infertility in women.
• The Human Reproduction Update found that zinc concentrations in seminal plasma were lower in men experiencing infertility compared to a fertile control group. Low zinc levels have been correlated with decreased fertility potential and lower sperm counts.
• Ashwagandha root has been shown to increase sperm count and motility, progesterone and testosterone levels, and maturing follicle count in women. A study of 46 infertile men were given full-spectrum Ashwagandha or placebo. After 90 days, there was a 167% increase in sperm count, 53% increase in semen volume, and 57% increase in sperm motility in the group receiving Ashwagandha.
• Did you know that BPA and Phthalates disrupt our hormones, egg quality, and fertility? These chemicals have been shown to dramatically increase the number of chromosomal abnormalities in eggs and decrease live birth rates. Where are they found? Plastic, fragrance, nail polish, laundry soap, cleaning supplies, plastic water bottles, receipts, and so much more.
If you’re already on your way to being a momma, acupuncture can help with:
• Morning sickness
• Pain associated with pregnancy
• Post-partum depression
• Decreased milk production
Charlotte Morgan, L.Ac.